Ideal Bed & Breakfast for Exploring Dumfries & Galloway and the Scottish Borders
Blacket House is a Late Georgian country house sitting in 75 acres of farmland on the banks of the Kirtle Waters. It is situated in the county of Dumfries & Galloway near the Scottish Borders between Gretna Green and Lockerbie.
- 7 miles from Gretna Green
- in beautiful Dumfries & Galloway
- near the Scottish Borders
- close to the Solway Coast
- private fishing on the Kirtle Water
- ample parking
Located in the the beautiful village of Eaglesfield, this B&B accommodation is ideally located for exploring the Scottish Borders, South West Scotland, and Northern England.
Attractions Around Blacket House
Click on icon for information.
Things To Do and Places To Visit from Blacket House
Blacket House sits in 75 acres of farmland on the banks of the Kirtle Waters which provides an opportunity for private fishing within a 5 minute stroll through our grounds. You can go walking in the grounds with the chance to see wild deer and herons ... lot's of wildlife. There are spectacular colours in the autumn and colourful flowers in the summer in the gardens. Guests can go for a lovely walk to the village down the 'old driveway' that was once used by horse and cart.
This bed and breakfast is situated 17 miles north of Carlisle in the beautiful little village of Eaglesfield just 1 mile from J20 of the M74. Eaglesfield has an excellent village shop, famous locally for it’s home-made pies and cakes, and the village church. There are plenty of places to eat locally. Our favourites are Cressfield in Ecclefechan, The Station in Kirkpatrick Fleming, The Townhead in Lockerbie and The Smiths in Gretna.
Blacket House is very well situated for visiting the many tourist attractions of Southern Scotland and Northern England. Carlisle with its Castle and magnificent cathedral is just 17 miles away. Annan and the Solway Coast, the Scottish Borders and the South West of Scotland are within easy reach of Blacket House.
Major local attractions include:
- Hadrians wall at Brampton
- The Romantic Capital of the World: Gretna Green just 7 miles away with the famous Old Blacksmith shop and the new Retail Outlet.
- Dumfries the gateway to the Galloway Coast only 23 miles
- Lockerbie 7 miles.
- Eskrigg Nature Reserve in Lockerbie
- Lochmaben Castle
- Robert Burns House, Dumfries
- Caerlaverock Castle
- Ecclefechan - Thomas Carlyle’s Birthplace 3 miles
- The Devil's Porridge, Eastriggs - 8 miles
- Annandale Distillery - 5 miles
- South West Coast 300 route.
You can visit Scotland's capital, Edinburgh as the train from Carlisle to Edinburgh takes 1 hr 20 mins, and it is 80 miles by car. Glasgow is 1 hr up the M74 by car, or 1 hr by train from Lockerbie.
See our 'Find Us' page for a location map and route planner.